I am a passionate and confident speaker
My speaking shares knowledge and experience in authentic and engaging ways. To date, my presentations, speaking and workshops include:
- Sixth form PSHE days.
- Careers days (Sixth form, Undergraduate and MSc. I have represented the BPS at careers fairs).
- Health Psychology lectures (Final year Undergraduate and MSc at Bath University).
- Widening Participation (University of Bath).
- Sixth form Psychology classes.
- Sixth form assemblies.
- Summer Schools (Social Sciences – Psychology track).
- Conferences (I.e. The Microbiology Society ECR Summer Conference).
I am can speak at events including conferences, key notes, staff training, charity events and more. I deliver workshops to academics, charities and industry.
Speaking and workshop topics are both academic and personal and include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting psychological research.
- The university journey.
- Health psychology.
- Doing a PhD.
- Research methods.
- Stress, coping and resilience.
- Ethics in research.
- Applying for funding or research positions.
- Self-care in academia.
- Imposter syndrome.
- Working in your own authentic way.
- Time management.
- Work/Life balance.
- Managing mental health issues as a student.
- LGBTQ+ (Coming out, growing up, speaking out).
- Going against the grain.
- Personal self-care.
- The value of volunteering.
- Putting yourself first.
Please get in touch if you would like to find out more and discuss a speaking arrangement.
You can visit my Speakezee page for information about previous and upcoming talks, presentations and speaking events.
“Tamsyn is an absolute natural at working with young people. Her presentations were pitched just right for the programme, whilst her openness and energy made the subject matter both accessible and interesting to students. A joy to work with!”
Anna Konig, Social Science Co-ordinating Tutor, On Track to Bath.
“Tamsyn agreed to come to discuss her role as a PhD student at an event for my Psychology students. In this, she presented her findings to date, as well as her experiences at the University of Bath and as a PhD student. Tamsyn was professional in her approach, and incredibly engaging with students – some of whom re-considered the university on the basis of her talk. Tamsyn also took time during this to advise students on resilience, caring for their own mental health and coping with exam stress. More than anything, Tamsyn genuinely cares. She has the best interests of every single member of staff or student, carer or caring organisation at heart in all that she does. Tamsyn inspires those she works with, and her motivation is contagious.”
Gwen Saunders, Psychology Teacher/ Head of Year 13, Salisbury 6th Form College.